SAARC Announces License Prep Class & Testing Session, June 23rd-25th, 2022.
The San Angelo Amateur radio club will hold a license prep class on the following dates at the SAARC Clubhouse (5513 Stewart Ln, San Angelo, TX 76904):
Thursday, June 23rd (6 PM-9 PM)
Friday, June 24th (6 PM-9 PM)
Saturday, June 25th (9 AM-12 PM)
The exam prep class is open to the public on a first come, first served basis at no cost (a $15 fee applies to take the exam – this fee does not go to SAARC). We highly recommend that you purchase a copy of the study book used in the prep class and review it before the class as time permits. Our prep classes currently use the ARRL Ham Radio License Manual – 4th Ed., ISBN 978-1-62595-082-6.
Following the license prep class, a test session (also open to the public) follows, starting at 1 PM on Saturday, June 25th, and also at the SAARC Clubhouse.
What will I need to bring to the test?
- BEFORE YOU ARRIVE, you will need to register for a “FRN” on the FCC’s website at the following address: https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do
- Click on “Register” and complete the form to obtain a FRN.
- Write down or print the FRN assigned to you and bring it with you. You will need it to take the license test.
- Bring a photo ID and $15.00 cash (to be collected by the testing team before you will be allowed to take the license test — this fee goes to offset the costs incurred by the exam proctors and exam coordinating organization in administering the exam session).
- After you pass your license test, the last step is paying the $35 regulatory fee to the FCC (as of April 19th, 2022) via the ULS System. Once the fee is paid (they do accept credit/debit cards), your license will be valid for 10 years.