The next SAARC-affiliated testing session will be Saturday, June 25th, 2022, at the San Angelo Amateur Radio Club Clubhouse (5513 Stewart Lane, San Angelo, Texas, 76904).
If you have questions regarding a testing session, please reach out to our local VE team leader, Andrew Barth, at 325-450-3965 or by email at [email protected].
For the official published list of dates and times and locations, visit the ARRL’s exam session search tool at: http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-radio-license-exam-session and enter your zip code (76904 will work for San Angelo if you are from out of town and want to test here.)
What will I need to bring to the test?
- BEFORE YOU ARRIVE, you will need to register for a “FRN” on the FCC’s website at the following address: https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do
- Click on “Register” and complete the form to obtain a FRN.
- Write down or print the FRN assigned to you and bring it with you. You will need it to take the license test.
- Bring a photo ID and $15.00 cash (to be collected by the testing team before you will be allowed to take the license test — this fee goes to offset the costs incurred by the exam proctors and exam coordinating organization in administering the exam session).
- After you pass your license test, the last step is paying the $35 regulatory fee to the FCC (as of April 19th, 2022) via the ULS System. Once the fee is paid (they do accept credit/debit cards), your license will be valid for 10 years.